“Top 10 Common Mistakes Made by Foreign Buyers in China”
April 2012 seminar, Hong Kong
PDF Download (to follow along with the podcast)
Audio Podcast Download (38.6 MB)
Q&A Audio Podcast Download (28.8 MB)
Mike Bellamy, Chairman of Advisory Board, China Sourcing Information Center; China Operations Director, PassageMaker Sourcing Solutions
- Julien Roger, Co-founder & Co-owner, Asia Quality Focus
- Kevyn Kennedy, General Manager, CBI Consulting
- Sophie Mao, Directing Partner, Chibridge Law Firm
- Thaddaeus Mueller, Business Development Manager, Fiducia Management Consultants
This exciting sofa talk session will offer case studies and solutions to the following mistakes:
- Poorly defined specs
- Not knowing the all-in cost of the China price?
- Failure to audit the factory/ Falling for the golden sample
- Failure to conduct due diligence and verify key information
- Who’s the project manager?
- Payments not linked to performance
- Leaky contracts
- Arm’s length buying
- Registering your intellectual property after you have been knocked off
- Not knowing which functions to outsource and which ones to keep in-house
This intermediate-level course is designed to continue and discuss further some of the topics from the entry-level seminar entitled Buying from China (Module 1): What new buyers need to know. It is recommended that interested parties take part in both seminars to gain more valuable insights on sourcing from China.